Business Development and Program Assistant (filled)
Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is embarking on new and exciting projects in 2016 and we’re looking for energetic team members!
In 2016, ARIJ will have been around for 10 years. ARIJ is the only region-wide organization in the Arab world exclusively dedicated to advancing investigative journalism (IJ) and to creating a community of support for IJ practitioners in the region and linking them to international peers. To date, we have been supporting the proliferation of investigative journalism in most of the Arab world.
ARIJ’s vision is to advance excellence in investigative journalism with the aim of increasing accountability, transparency and access to information in the Arab world for the public good.
If helping journalists hold power to account is something that excites you; working with researchers to dig up documents that help convict corruption or pour over data to find an engaging narrative, then we are looking for you.
ARIJ is an engaging, energetic and innovative place to work. A team of 15 people, based in Amman, Jordan has accomplished a lot over the last 10 years, but we are looking to do a lot more in the future.
– Work closely with the program director to develop and implement a strategy for outreach, marketing, and business development
– Develop targets with the program director and executive director for sustainability, revenue generation and new opportunities, including grants and funding
– Work with all departments to identify existing opportunities within the organization
– Assist program director in developing and maintaining a membership program
– Coordinate program activities such as membership program, training, and university curriculum in conjunction with the Grants and Training manager
Duties and Responsibilities
– Conceptualize areas of ARIJ work that can develop into content/knowledge products
– Identify potential audiences for each content/knowledge product, and obtain their input/feedback on products
– Identify donors/resources required to create and market content
– Provide cost analyses for the various products in the market
– Develop and manage membership program for ARIJ journalists
– Manage a re-launched university curriculum program
– Prepare proposals for outreach and work with partners to achieve goals
– Coordinate with financial managers to ensure budget accuracy
– Create an internal resource database of content generators, consumers and funders who are relevant to ARIJ work
– Secure legal instruments (contracts, MoUs, agreements) to govern /protect ARIJ’s relationships with producers and users, and its intellectual property and copyrights
– Compile an inventory of all content generated by ARIJ i.e. audio- visual archive, training manuals, IJ curriculum, research and photography
– Conduct regular (weekly and monthly) reporting to the program director and others as necessary
Follow up tasks
– Ensure synergy, in collaboration with ARIJ Program Director, in managing the content generated by activities’ outputs
– Evaluate the success of monetized products and advise re: dropping, continuing or expanding particular ones
– Conduct surveys and receive feedback and assessments from users on improving current products or offering new ones
– The Business Development Manager reports to the Program Director.
– 2-4 years work experience in business development, marketing
– Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Arabic
– Knowledge of journalism, media and the development field
– Digitally savvy
– Marketing and outreach within a media context
Please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org the email subject should be”Business Development and Program Assistant”.
CVs will be reviewed until position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
This vacancy has been filled