ARIJ is seeking a young and dynamic accountant
Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is embarking on new and exciting projects in 2017 and we’re looking for energetic team members!
ARIJ has been active for 10 years. It is the only region-wide network in the Arab world exclusively dedicated to advancing investigative journalism (IJ) and to creating a community of support for IJ practitioners in the region and linking them to international peers. To date, we have been supporting the proliferation of investigative journalism in most of the Arab world.
ARIJ’s vision is to advance excellence in investigative journalism with the aim of increasing accountability, transparency and access to information in the Arab world for the public good.
If helping journalists hold power to account is something that excites you; working with researchers to dig up documents that help convict corrupt officials or pour over data to find an engaging narrative, then we are looking for you.
ARIJ is an engaging, energetic and innovative place to work. A team of 12 people, based in Amman, Jordan has accomplished a lot over the last 10 years, but we are looking to do a lot more in the future.
The accountant key responsibilities include Financial, Human Resources and Administrative duties.
- Work closely with the finance manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters
- Match invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Assist in the production of financial statements, Proposals and applications, preparation of spreadsheets,cash and checks payments, reports and correspondence as required.
- Responsible for petty cash payments and records
- Maintain office inventory and stationary
- Prepares monthly salaries sheets
Human Resources tasks
- Prepare and maintain employees’ files and the HR filing system
- Plan, organize & supervise recruiting and staffing logistics including: Screen telephone calls, schedules interviews, conduct Internet research to locate potential job candidates, scan resumes, assist with planning new employee orientations, compile materials and maintain employee database records
- Welcome new employees to ARIJ by conducting orientation
- Provide payroll information by collect time and attendance records and to follow up on social security, income tax & medical insurance
- Develop and implement policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, disciplinary procedures and absence management
- Prepare staff handbooks
- Handle employees’ orientating, development, training logistics and record keeping
- Handle Compensation and benefits administration and record keeping
- Analyze training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
- Follow up on the Grants with the Grants Manager including; Contracts & per diems
- Establish and maintain the filing system
- Maintain the overall standard of the office space and keep an equipment inventory of all capital, fixture and fittings
- Perform as multifaceted general office support
- Responsible for renewal ARIJ Legal Documents
- Office Management
- Strong financial literacy and accuracy
- Good analytical skills
- Experience and skilled at data entry Accounting Background
- HR management Background
Proficiency in the use of computers for
- Word processing
- Bachelor degree in business administration / finance / accounting or any related field with minimum two years’ experience.