Business Development Expert
Amman– ARIJ is the region’s leading media network promoting the culture of investigative journalism among editors, journalists, university professors and students across the Arab world. The Amman-based network, operating since 2005, offers training on two state of the art manuals; Inquiry-based Investigation for journalists, editors and media students and a three-credit hour university course “introduction to investigative reporting”.
ARIJ also provides coaching, funding and pre-publication/broadcast legal screening to journalists who have been trained by the network and want to produce well-researched investigations into issues of interest to the local community for the benefit of accountability and good governance. ARIJ also organizes an annual networking and training forum and works with international and regional television stations on producing compelling investigations.
ARIJ is searching for a Creative Business Development Expert based in Amman, Jordan
This is a full time position.
Reporting to the Program Manager, this position will be responsible for engaging and nurturing new and existing media partners nationally, regionally and internationally, securing sponsorships for the annual forum, marketing ARIJ training services, materials and curricula among local and regional media and media faculties as well as regional and international NGO’s working in media development. The manager will be networking with international, regional and Arab media to publish/broadcast ARIJ-supported content.
- Proactively research, identify and develop new content distribution/commissioning partnerships with local, regional and international media
- Identify and develop new training partnerships with local and regional media
- Identify and develop new training partnerships with local and regional media faculties
- Identify and develop local, regional and international sponsorships for the annual forum
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with new and existing media and university partners
- Initiate and manage existing and potential corporate and media relationships.
- With the Program Manager, keep abreast of local and international fundraising trends and methods, and identify new opportunities for growth and funding development on a continual basis
- Identifying media partners and promoting ARIJ cross-media content and training materials across the region
- Marketing and PR/ including overseeing content, production and distribution of all training and publicity materials.
- Improve and develop communications materials for the organization such as brochures and branding
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization in conjunction with the ED and the Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree level. Candidates without relevant degree will not be considered
- At least three years in Business Development, Media and Communication or similar role
- Proven successful track record in securing funding
- Good experience in grant and report-writing
- Experience in developing PR and marketing content in both English and Arabic
- Proven technical skills (Arabic/English) in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation and verbal communications
- Experienced in all forms of media and social media communication and be able to direct the brand development in terms of materials used for promotions and fundraising events.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational and management skills
- Ability to multi task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness and ability to travel
Closing date: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
To apply, submit a letter of motivation, CV and references firstname.lastname@example.org