Hiring Now: HR & FINANCE ASSISTANT
Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is hiring an HR & Finance Assistant to assist with all aspects of administrative management, financial management, Human Resources management, staff, logistics, office, equipment inventory and storage, to ensure best practices of ARIJ human capital & applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Recourses Tasks:
- Prepare and maintain employees’ files and the HR filing system.
- Plan, organize & supervise recruiting and staffing logistics including: Screen telephone calls, schedules interviews, conduct Internet research to locate potential job candidates, scan resumes, assist with planning new employee orientations, compile materials and maintain employee database records.
- Welcome new employees to ARIJ by conducting orientation.
- Provide payroll information by collect time and attendance records and to follow up on social security, Income tax & medical insurance.
- Develop and implement policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Prepare staff handbooks.
- Handle employees’ orientating, development, training logistics and recordkeeping.
- Handle Compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping.
- Analyze training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Follow up on the Contracts with the admin and finance manager including contracts.
- Follow up with journalists’s contracts including invoices, receipt, payments… etc
- Organize travel arrangements and accommodations for the organization’s staff and VIP visitors.
- Establish and maintain the filing system.
- Maintain the overall standard of the office space including liaise with cleaning services or (office boy) and keep an equipment inventory of all capital, fixture and fittings.
- Responsible for ARIJ calendar including, the Executive Director & Editor Director schedules, team schedule, project’s deadlines, events, conferences & workshops.
- Perform as multifaceted general office support.
- Prepare minutes of meeting, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- Responsible for renewal ARIJ Legal Documents.
Financial assistant tasks:
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Match invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices.
- Assist in the production of financial statements , Proposals and applications, preparation of Spreadsheets, cash and checks payments, reports and correspondence as required
- Responsible for petty cash payments and records.
- Maintain office inventory and stationary.
- Prepares monthly salaries sheets.
Skills & Qualifications
- HR management Background.
- Office Management.
- Strong financial literacy and accuracy
- Good analytical skills
- Experience and skilled at data entry Accounting Background.
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
Bachelor degree in business administration or any related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in such position roles.
- English language proficiency is a great plus
ARIJ, founded in 2005, is an award-winning, internationally recognized non-profit organization and the first Arab investigative reporting organization. It is an equal opportunity employer.
Send CV and letter of interest to email@example.com with the subject “HR & Finance Assistant”.
Deadline is May. 24, 2018