IT Technician Vacancy
Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is recruiting an IT technician to join our data desk team. The desk is developing a regional database of open sources in the Arab countries as a way to support data driven journalism in the region.
The applicant should have an educational background in information technology and at least two years of experience in this field.
Please check the requirements below; only qualified candidates should apply.
- Experience with modern programming languages (e.g. PHP and Python) and open source softwares.
- Proficiency in developing programs and scripts to support the collection, aggregation, processing, storage, analysis and publication of large datasets.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Knowledge of IT security standards.
- Knowledge of data management systems
- Data storage and backups
- Basic knowledge of DBMS.
- Collecting data from online open sources through scripting techniques or any supporting softwares.
- Data processing, including image processing, merging images into PDFs, and converting images into recognized texts.
- Indexing documents to make them searchable.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (French is a plus).
- Minimum BA Degree in computer science or a related IT field.
- Two years of experience in IT, including web scraping techniques.
To apply: please send your CV and a cover letter before 3 Jan. 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org under the title: IT Job Vacancy.