Amman– Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is looking to hire an experienced front-end developer to work part-time with its news team in Amman.
This position is part of the editorial multimedia hub at ARIJ where she/he will help move ARIJ create interactive storytelling, using visual elements and appropriate web design. We want to enhance ARIJ ‘s online presence, by applying the appropriate SEO, managing social media and building a solid design theme for ARIJ investigations/stories.
The successful candidate will work with producers/reporters from the creation of stories, and give directions for the design. A complete listing of job duties and responsibilities looks like this:
- Work to enhance ARIJ online presence.
- introduce new and modern work techniques and recent technologies for interactive reporting.
- Take lead on online published content.
- Supervising on ARIJ social media performance and presence.
- Take lead on social media content creation and production.
- Take lead on social media campaign for every story.
- Take lead on social media listening tools setup and management.
- Produce periodic actionable insights on ARIJ’s online presence.
- Build the capacities of the current Team.
- Plan annual editorial calendar with producers and reporters.
- Add an interactive dimension to ARIJ’s work online.
- Periodically participates in user testing/focus groups and peer/code reviews
- Follows agile best practices by meeting regularly with management and peers to discuss progress, challenges, and sprint planning.
- Serves as a resource in area(s) of technical expertise.
- Occasionally presents work at technical meetings.
- Communicates openly and respectfully in the spirit of collaboration; focuses on
- finding solutions rather than dwelling on problems.
- Bachelor degree in related field or at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Interest and knowledge in UX/UI with a desire to build beautiful projects.
- Familiarity with data visualization libraries or tools such as d3 and three.js
- Experience with Graphics and video software such as the Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Maya and others.
- Familiar with WordPress and WordPress theme.
- Familiarity with developing and/or using APIs such as Google Maps.
- Ability to use browser developer tools for troubleshooting and optimization.
- Good communication skill
Interested candidates are invited to apply for this post by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “senior front-end developer “
This vacancy is now closed