Amman– Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is looking to hire an experienced front-end developer to work part-time with its news team in Amman.
This position is part of the editorial multimedia hub at ARIJ where she/he will help move ARIJ create interactive storytelling, using visual elements and appropriate web design. We want to enhance ARIJ ‘s online presence, by applying the appropriate SEO, and building a solid design theme for ARIJ investigations/stories.
The successful candidate will work with producers/reporters from the creation of stories, and give directions for the design. A listing of job duties and responsibilities looks like this:
- Work to enhance ARIJ online presence.
- introduce new and modern work techniques and recent technologies for interactive reporting.
- Produce periodic actionable insights on ARIJ’s online presence.
- Build the capacities of the current Team.
- Plan annual editorial calendar with producers and reporters.
- Add an interactive dimension to ARIJ’s work online.
- Periodically participates in user testing/focus groups and peer/code reviews
- Follows agile best practices by meeting regularly with management and peers to discuss progress, challenges, and sprint planning.
- Serves as a resource in area(s) of technical expertise.
- Occasionally presents work at technical meetings.
- Communicates openly and respectfully in the spirit of collaboration; focuses on
- finding solutions rather than dwelling on problems.
- Bachelor degree in related field or at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Interest and knowledge in UX/UI with a desire to build beautiful projects.
- Familiarity with data visualization libraries or tools such as d3 and three.js
- Experience with Graphics and video software such as the Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Maya and others.
- Familiar with WordPress and WordPress theme.
- Familiarity with developing and/or using APIs such as Google Maps.
- Ability to use browser developer tools for troubleshooting and optimization.
- Good communication skills.
If interested, please send your application (cover letter, curriculum vitae), note the position “senior front-end developer” in the subject line to email@example.com no later than Thursday, March 21, 2019.