ARIJ is looking to hire a Program Officer to join its mission driven program.
Summary of Role
The Program Officer is responsible for providing overall support for the ARIJ program. S/he helps to manage project operations, administration, finances, and logistics. The Program Officer drafts project proposal support in reporting to donors, follows up on the progress of projects with relevant personnel. The Program Officer reports directly to the Program Director under the overall guidance of the ARIJ Executive Director. S/he is expected to work independently under tight deadlines and with limited supervision
- Assist in the tendering process for grant acquisition including identifying new potential donors
- Prepare, coordinate review and edit project-related reports and documents, including progress updates and other documents and reports
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverable and results/outputs
- Maintain and update tracking tools of ARIJ projects and assist with project related information management
- Work closely with ARIJ project finance team to monitor and track projects’ expenditures
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining ARIJ filing and archiving system
- Ensure that various program funding mechanism rules and regulations are followed according to donor and lead partner expectations.
- Assist in drafting quarterly, monthly and yearly reports
- Assist in the preparation for ARIJ donor meeting and board of directors meeting.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience is not necessary but the incumbent must be fluent in English and has strong writing and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Committed to serving a good public cause
- Ability to work under pressure
- High organizational skills
Interested candidates are invited to apply for this post by sending their resume and three references to email@example.com with the subject “Application for Program Officer”, by Wednesday, 13 August close of business day.
This vacancy is now closed