ARIJ is looking for a Jordanian citizen to join its vibrant team in Amman.
Summary of Role
- The Project Officer will support the program department, particularly on project cycle management. The Project Officer’s primary goal is to provide administrative and technical skills to support the timely implementation of ARIJ’s projects. The Project Officer is expected to carry out a large amount of logistical support and draft regular reports.
- The Project Officer reports directly to the Program Director. S/he is expected to work independently under tight deadlines and with high level of accuracy.
Within the designated authority, the Project Officer is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Support the implementation, coordination and oversight of ARIJ’s project(s) according to approved project documents/funding agreements
- Initiate, coordinate and follow up on all planned workshops including logistical support
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of ARIJ outputs
- Draft and prepare various written reports, including progress and donor reports, inputs for briefing notes, annual forum report, etc.
- Monitor on an ongoing basis all project expenditures and utilization of funds related to the project/s
- Provide substantive support to ARIJ’s annual conference
- Assist in the grant acquisition process and in identifying potential partners/donors
- Perform any other tasks as and when requested
- At least three years of experience in project cycle management, oversight and monitoring
- Exceptional writing and reporting skills
- Previous experience in managing workshops and/or events is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of donor compliance, project funding procedures and guidelines
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management
- Prior experience with institutional donors is an advantage
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
- Previous experience in grant acquisition is an advantage
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Prezi is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; preferably in business administration. Project management certification is preferred.
- Mission and vision driven
- Team Work
- Planning and organizing
- Discretion and integrity
English and Arabic are the working languages of ARIJ. For the position advertized, fluency in both languages is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 19, 2019, at 12:00pm.