- ARIJ is looking for a Senior Accountant to join its vibrant team in Amman, Jordan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecast based on current forms used.
- Prepare financial statements in time in line with ARIJ and donors requirements and deadlines based on current forms used.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Monitor the petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on ARIJ program’s and investigations needs.
- Aware of the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Collect and file the regular financial reports and budget records.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Up to five years’ work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Additional certification (MBA, CPA or CMA) is a plus
- Working with NGOs is a plusAccountant
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- General Math Skills
To apply, please click this link