Amman– Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) is seeking to recruit a Jordan-based intern to join our team for three months on the MENA Research and Data Desk project. The project seeks to develop a regional database of open sources in all Arab countries.
The applicant should have an educational background in computer science or any related information technology fields.
The successful intern would be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Data entry
- Information gathering
- Ability to run Python script
- File archiving.
Skills and experience:
ARIJ would expect the successful intern to have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to fluently communicate in Arabic and English, both orally and in writing
- Good knowledge in searching techniques
- Basic knowledge in programming language
- Familiar with different operating systems.
- Familiar with DBMS
Interns are unpaid, but transportation expenses are provided. To apply: please send your CV and a cover letter before 15 April 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org under the title: Data Desk Intern