Welcome to the massive open online course (MOOC) “Intro to R for Journalists: How to Find Great Stories in Data,” from the Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas at the University of Texas at Austin. This is a free course open to anyone interested in quickly asking questions of and assessing data. It is meant for journalists, editors, journalism professors and students, but anyone from anywhere in the world who has an interest in data analysis and visualization is welcome to enroll.
How to Register:
Registering in the platform is easy. Please follow these steps:
1. Create an account in the Journalism Courses system. Even if you’ve taken a course with us before, you may need to create a new account. Check to see if your previous username and password work before creating a new account.
2. Wait for a confirmation in your email indicating that your account has been created. If you do not receive this, please check your spam folder.
3. Log into the platform, scroll down until you see the course listings, and click on the “Intro to R for Journalists: How to Find Great Stories in Data” course.
4. A button will appear. Click “Enroll” to enroll yourself in the course. You will be able to access the course from the “My Courses” menu at the top of the page.
5. You will receive an email confirming your enrollment.
For more information: https://journalismcourses.org/RC0818.html