Position: Freelance (48 hours a week)
Contract: 1 Year (starting Jan 2021 – with 3 months’ probation)
Nationality: Any Arab nationality
Remote Work (not necessary based in Jordan)
English Content Editor plans, coordinates, writes, translates and edits English
content for ARIJ’s investigations, website, communications, reports and
We are seeking a motivated and savvy English Content Editor to oversee our
content publishing needs in a fast-paced work environment. You will work with
a team of Arab editors, coaches, writers and designers to develop and curate
compelling and engaging content for our audience. Your primary duties will
include content proofreading, translation and editing.
To excel in this role, you will have experience in translating and editing content
from Arabic to English, as well as excellent communication and organizational
skills. A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or a related field is a must.
- Translate and edit content from Arabic to English
- Supervise a team of freelance translators and coordinate with freelance contributors; and proofread their work
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar and syntax
- Ensure that content meets ARIJ’s needs and follows our in-house style guide.
- Organize, modify and update existing content.
- Verify content and information.
- Work with the graphic design team to ensure a user-friendly experience.
- Collaborate with editorial co-workers and come up with fresh, creative content ideas, keeping our audience and/or donors in mind.
- Manage a busy workload according to deadline.
- Analyze data and analytics and seek to increase reader engagement and retention.
- Knowledge of SEO and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or related field.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- At least 5 years’ experience in writing, copy editing, and proofreading.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms.