The Data Subject’s privacy is essential, and we want to assure you that that the information we collect about you will be treated with care. This Policy will inform you about how we look after your personal information when you visit this website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights, retention, and contact details for any privacy and data protection inquiries.
- Arij understands ‘consent’ to mean that it has been explicitly and freely given, and a specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the Data Subject’s wishes that, by statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her. The Data Subject can withdraw their consent at any time.
- Arij understands ‘consent’ to mean that the Data Subject has been fully informed of the intended processing and has signified their agreement, while in a fit state of mind to do so and without pressure being exerted upon them. Consent obtained under duress or on the basis of misleading information will not be a valid basis for processing.
- Without prejudice to the above, consent may not be needed if the data is public.
3. Who has access to the Personal Information?
Arij is the primary controller of your personal information provided to, or collected by or for, the Service.
4. Sources and type of personal information
We collect personal information about you directly from your interactions with us, from certain third parties and other sources (such as the Data Subject providing access to our services; through cookies and similar technologies included in our services or from publicly available sources where permissible), to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance our Services.
Clients own and control all information they input into Arij and any information generated from that data.
5. Data provided by you
The types of Personal Information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service, which may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data;
- Social Media accounts
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account registration and profile information, such as job title, educational and professional background, qualifications, date of birth and photo;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including search query data and questions or information you send to customer support;
- Usage information and browsing history, such as, information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history and which elements of our Services you use the most; and
- Demographic information, such as, your country, and preferred language.
In many cases, you can choose not to provide us with personal information, or withdraw your consent. In such cases you might not be able to enjoy the full functionality our Services. (See section “Accessing and updating your information”).
6. Data provided by other sources
We also may obtain contact details and other information about you from our affiliates and from other third parties, including:
- Social networks when you grant permission to the Service to access your data on one or more networks;
- Service providers that help us determine a location in order to customize certain products to your location;
- Businesses with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
7. How is your personal information secured?
Arij takes the security of personal information seriously and uses appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information (including administrative, technical and physical safeguards) according to the risk level and the service provided. The taken measures are aimed at ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of personal information.
Our information security policies and procedures are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet the sensitivity of the personal information we handle, our business needs, changes in technology and regulatory requirements. However, please note that we do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Your access to our services and content may be password protected. We recommend that you refrain from disclosing your username(s) and password(s) to anyone. We also recommend that you sign out of your account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your work, especially if you share a computer with someone else or if you are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
8. How we use your personal information
We use personal information to provide and improve our Services and for other purposes that are in our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance purposes.
9. Legitimate interests for use
We use personal information for a number of legitimate interests; including but not limited to, providing and improving our Services, administering our relationship with you and our business, and exercising our rights and responsibilities. This varies depending on how you interact with us and the Service. We may also use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate, and manage your access to and the use of our Services;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product, and other support and to help keep our Services working, safe, and secure;
- Deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports and business information to make the Services more relevant to your interests and geographical region. We analyse the way you use our Services to make suggestions to you for features or Services that we believe you will also be interested in, and so that we can make our Services more user-friendly;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates, and other announcements related to the Services and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service and your interests;
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists of your personal information to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties unless required by law.
We may use statistics regarding conducted research within the service, number of visits, average duration of visit, pages viewed and other publically available information. Those statistics are only used in an aggregated format, without including any personal information, to improve the user-friendliness of the website and enhance your experience.
9. For legal reasons
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- abide by any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate, and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Arij, our Clients, employees or others; and
- participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
9. Data Retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
We may retain your browsing and usage information to make your searches within our Services more relevant and personalize your experience with our Services.
Arij may store data for longer periods if the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, subject to the implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the Data Subject.
10. Accessing and updating your information
The Services may allow Data Subjects to directly access and review their account information and make corrections or updates upon logging in at any time. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Keeping such information up to date is the responsibility of the Client. Registered users may also close their account directly through the Service or by contacting Customer Service.
You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
THESE RIGHTS ARE NOT ABSOLUTE AND THEY DO NOT ALWAYS APPLY IN ALL CASES. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if necessary, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
11. Your Communications Preferences
You can customize and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the Services, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the “opt-out” mechanisms such as “unsubscribe” or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Services whenever necessary.
13. Contact us
14. What tools we use?
contact us info(at)arij.net
Date of last revision: Aug, 18th, 2020