Do you want to join the ARIJ (Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism) team?
Applicants are open till June 25th, ,2021 at 16:00 Amman time
Email should be sent to: HR@arij.net
Only successful candidates will be contacted
An email should be sent with the subject of the job interested in; including three attachments:
1. Cover Letter that includes why would you like to join ARIJ team?
3. Copy of Passport or ID
Position: Project Officer – Freelance – (40 hours a week)
Nationality: Any nationality
Remote Work (preferable based in Jordan, but not necessary)
Successful candidates are expected to provide support for the projects life cycle, executing activities and monitoring the resources, budgets and timeframe for project execution, in addition to assisting in drafting reports according to the specific requirements of the project and as per donors’ instructions and requirements.
Job Duties and Tasks:
The Projects Officer is expected to perform the following job duties and tasks:
- Monitoring the projects in terms of resources and coordinating availability of such towards the successful completion of the project cycle.
- Executing activities related to project tracking/ monitoring framework and preparing progress reports accordingly.
- Monitoring projects budgets periodically according to the recurring and new programs.
- Collecting baseline data and indicators for projects in order to monitor the progress accordingly and based on the project plans developed.
- Ensuring that all projects are in line with donors’ requirements and drafting/ editing reports accordingly, in addition to abiding by any specific policies from the donors.
- Working on development and editing activity reports monthly and annually.
- Pointing out potential risks during project implementation and suggesting risk management and contingency plans accordingly.
- Executing activities related to archiving and documentation for all relevant correspondences and documents.
- Supporting the implementation, coordination and oversight of the projects at ARIJ according to approved project documents/funding agreements.
- Drafting and preparing various written outputs, e.g. progress and donor reports, inputs for briefing notes, annual forum report, etc.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in programs development and management.
- Experience working on NGO projects and programs that are based on donors and grants is a plus
- Bi-Lingual: Arabic & English
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Knowledge in Reporting
- Analytical Thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills