ARIJ is looking to hire a Program Specialist to join its mission-driven program.
Summary of Role
The Program Specialist will support the program department with particular support on the grant acquisition process and project cycle management. The Program Specialist reports directly to the Program Director. S/he is expected to work independently under tight deadlines and with a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in the tendering process for the grant acquisition process including identifying new potential donors with a focus on institutional donors
- Prepare project proposals and concept notes as requested
- Draft, review, and edit project-related reports and documents, including progress updates and other documents and reports
- Ensure that various program funding mechanism rules and regulations are followed according to donor and lead partner expectations
- Assist in developing and monitoring work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverable and results/outputs
- Maintain and update tracking tools of ARIJ projects and assist with project-related information management
- Assist in all projects’ implementation as needed
- Assist in ARIJ annual forum as requested and as needed
- Perform other program related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; preferably in journalism
- At least three years of experience in fundraising, procurement or related fields
- Previous experience in writing project proposals and grant acquisition is a must. Prior experience with the EU and other institutional donors is an advantage
- Exceptional English writing skills is a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly meticulous
- Driven and result based oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- High organizational skills
- # of drafted concept notes
- # of successful grants submitted
- The overall quality of work
- # of drafted and/or edited reports
The incumbent is expected to work at least for 35 hours a week from 10:00 to 17:00 or in line with ARIJ attendance policy.
The initial contractual arrangements will for six months under a service agreement after which a yearly contract will be offered subject to availability of funding and performance.
Interested candidates are invited to apply for this post by sending their resume, cover letter and three references by applying before Thursday, 19 September close of a business day
To submit your application, please click here