Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) invites hotels in Jordan to submit quotations for provision of hotel accommodation and meeting facilities for its 15th annual Forum as described below.
Quotations must be submitted before March 22, 2022 at 16:00 Amman Time (+2 GMT). Quotations received after the deadline indicated shall not be considered for evaluation. Quotations shall be signed and in the .pdf format and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The shortlisted hotels will receive a reply from ARIJ by April 10, 2022 the latest.
For its 15th year in a row, ARIJ is hosting its hybrid annual Forum for up to 300 participants: speakers, trainers, representatives of partner organisations, investigative journalists, and employees, with other attendees participating virtually. The confirmed dates of the forum are Friday – Sunday: December 02 – 04, 2022.
With the Covid regulations in 2021, ARIJ held its 14th hybrid Forum in Amman, with more than 5700 attended from 60+ countries; virtually and physically in a 3 day fully bi-lingual event. 150+ attended actually.
Specifications and conditions:
The hotel shall have in its current premises all necessary equipment and facilities and shall have a sufficient number of professional and experienced staff and experts to handle the minimum requirements of the ARIJ Forum. The submitted quotation shall meet the following qualifications:
- The hotel shall have a 5-star rating or higher
- The hotel shall be located in Amman or the Dead Sea
- The hotel shall submit the quotation in Jordanian Dinars and be inclusive of taxes and service fees
- The hotel shall have and assign competent and experienced staff
- The hotel shall be willing and able to guarantee the delivery of services in accordance with high-performance standards
Meeting Rooms/Rooms Requirements:
- A main hall that can accomodate 300+ participants
- 4 metres minimum ceiling height for the main hall
- The main hall must have multiple ring points in the ceiling for the audio and visual equipment instalment
- The main hall shall have a classroom set-up for the participants when required
- Five meeting rooms are required for a period of 3 days
- The number of rooms is subject to change and room setup to be decided on in later stages.
- Meeting rooms shall be made available 48 hours prior to the start of the forum.
The hotel shall offer facilities with:
- One coffee break with continuous beverage supply in addition to buffet lunch and dinner
- A dedicated high-speed internet provider. Having a backup internet provider is a plus (ARIJ22 is a hybrid forum and hence must have a backup option in case any internet connection was lost)
- A/V equipment in addition to available technical support
- HDMI cables (cable for Mac)
- Power strips and electrical adaptors
- Room rates to accommodate up to 300 single bedrooms with breakfast buffet (BB) as part of COVID-19 precautionary measures
- Room availability on the confirmed dates (December 2 – 4, 2022) taking into consideration check-in to be one day before (December 1) and check-out to be one day after (December 5).
- Flexibility in early check-in and late checkout to be made upon request basis
- A clear agreement indicates that any minibar or refreshment possibilities are outside the incurred costs at ARIJ.
The general cancellation policy for room cancellation and event cancellation must be clearly outlined in the submitted quotation.
ARIJ is entitled to a full refund of any money paid in advance for the offered services that cannot be provided because of official lockdowns due to the coronavirus pandemic or other unprecedented crises.
Should you have any further queries regarding the specifications, kindly contact the same email mentioned above – email@example.com.
* It’s important to note that ARIJ is not bound to the lowest price, other elements are taken into consideration including the availability of the above-mentioned requirements, quality of service and special offers provided.