Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) invites hotels in Amman to submit quotations for provision of hotel accommodation and meeting facilities for its 14th annual Forum as described below.
Quotations may be submitted before or on August 22, 2021. Quotations received after the deadline indicated shall not be considered for evaluation. Quotations shall be signed and in the .pdf format and submitted to email@example.com. The selected hotels will receive a reply from ARIJ by August 31, 2021.
ARIJ is the leading training organisation facilitating investigative journalism across the Arab region for the last 15 years to create an Arab cadre of journalists dedicated to elevating accountable, transparent and verifiable media and journalism. It provides theoretical and hands-on training to journalists at different career stages, coaches them to produce quality investigative reports and hosts regional gatherings through its annual forum for networking and collaboration purposes.
For its 14th year in a row, ARIJ is hosting its annual Forum in hybrid format for up to 190 participants comprising speakers, trainers, representatives of partner organisations as well as ARIJ employees while all attendees will participate virtually. The confirmed dates of the forum are December 3-5, 2021. Last year, with the unprecedented Covid events, ARIJ held its 13th Forum virtually for the first time, welcoming 1,500 participants from more than 60 countries who benefited from over 50 sessions led by 150 speakers from 40+ countries.
Specifications and conditions:
The hotel shall have in its current premises all necessary equipment and facilities, and shall have a sufficient number of professional and experienced staff and experts to handle minimum requirements of the ARIJ Forum. The submitted quotation shall meet the following qualifications:
- The hotel shall have a 5-star rating or higher
- The hotel shall be located in Amman
- The hotel shall be submit the quotation in Jordanian Dinars and be inclusive of taxes and service fees
- The hotel shall have and assign competent and experienced staff
- The hotel shall be willing and able to guarantee the delivery of services in accordance with high performance standards
Meeting Rooms Requirements:
- Main meeting rooms required for the 3-day period:
- (1) Operational room → for upto 35 persons
- (1) Technical Moderation room → for upto 10 persons
- (1) Livestream room → for upto 20 persons
- (1) Theatre/Showroom → for upto 150 persons
Number of rooms is subject to change and room setup to be decided on in later stages.
- (1) Board meeting to be reserved on December 6 and 7 → upto 12 persons
The hotel shall offer meeting facilities with:
- Two coffee breaks (morning and afternoon) in addition to buffet lunch and dinner
- Two high-speed internet providers (ARIJ21 is a virtual forum and hence must have a backup option in case any internet connection was lost)
- Laptop fees (Minimum req: Intel I7 core, 8MB RAM, USB Type-A and Type-C ports, integrated Camera)
- A/V equipment in addition to available technical support
- HDMI cables (cable for Mac)
- Power strips and electrical adaptors
- Two laser printers
- Room rates to accommodate upto 190 single bedrooms with breakfast buffet (BB) as part of COVID-19 precautionary measures
- Room availability on the confirmed dates (December 3 – 5, 2021) taking into consideration check-in to be one day before (December 2) and check-out to be one day after (December 6).
- Flexibility in early checkin and late checkout to be made upon request basis
- A clear agreement indicates that any minibar or refreshment possibilities are outside the incurred costs at ARIJ.
The general cancellation policy for room cancellation and event cancellation must be clearly outlined in the submitted quotation.
ARIJ is entitled to a full refund of any money paid in advance for offered services that cannot be provided because of official lockdowns due to the coronavirus pandemic or other unprecedented crises.
Should you have any further queries regarding the specifications, kindly contact the same email mentioned above – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotels interested in submitting a quotation for hosting workshop/s for up to 25 persons are invited to do so through attaching it to the original email.
** It’s important to note that ARIJ is not bound to the lowest price, other elements are taken into consideration including the availability of the above mentioned requirements, quality of service and special offers provided.