Amman– Interested in ARIJ annual forum and prizes honoring the best investigative journalists in the Arab world? Then, you have a chance to get involved and nominate the person who could lead this process as a head of the Jury committee for the ARIJ prize that will be awarded at the end of the annual forum in Jordan Dec. 2, 2018.
The Arab Reporters for Investigative Journalism (ARIJ) asks all the Arijeans to come forward with their suggestions about who could be the best Jury Head who would be a crucial factor in the credibility of the entire process.
If you have any name in mind, kindly make sure he/she is
a towering figure in the field of Arab journalism with these qualities:
– Independence from authorities and of any relevant affiliations, be it political or ideological.
– Vast practicing knowledge of all types of journalism, especially in the field.
– Comprehension of all aspects of the production process and of ethics of the job.
– Ability to manage a team of judges and to resolve crises.
– Awareness of ARIJ’s mission and the philosophy of Awards.
– Ability to celebrate both winners and non-winners in an eloquent, educational manner.
If you have nominations, kindly send to ARIJ prize coordinator Nada Atieh, email@example.com, by Sept 28 along with a paragraph explaining why the nominee is a great fit as a Jury Head.